I am super pumped to share this with you because I often get questions about my powerlifting training, and I want to share allllllll the details.
One year ago, my husband and I decided to hire Niki Sims through Starting Strength Online Coaching (SSOC) to coach us with our powerlifting training.
We were looking for help with both lifting form and programming. As the weights get heavier and as you move to a more advanced lifter form is incredibly important and programming gets pretty complicated and it was time for us to outsource.
We have loved the process and both of us have gotten a lot stronger over the last year and hit a bunch of PR's.
We were recently interviewed by Matt and Scott from Barbell Logic Podcast and discussed our training and progression over the last year.
I wanted to invite you to check out our interview.
In it, you’ll hear:
- Why and how I transitioned from teaching Bodypump to lifting heavy weights on my own.
- Why we love lifting as a couple
- How much weight we gained through the process and our current PRs
- The #1 reason both of us are so passionate about strength training
- How strength training has helped my husband be a better surgeon
#84 – Building Confidence and Hard Bodies with The Bruesekes
Leave a Reply