I stumbled across this recipe from Cooking Classy several weeks ago. I don't eat a lot of beef, but sometimes I really get a hankering for steak. This recipe hit the spot! I tweaked this recipe to be a little more macro friendly and to use ingredients I had on hand.
This is great served with a side of rice (or cauliflower rice if you're looking for a lower carb option).
- 1 medium green bell pepper (~125 g), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper (~125 g), cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion (~100 g), cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced white parts, cut green parts into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil/canola oil
- 1 1/4 lbs (20 oz) beef top sirloin steak, Cut into thin bite size strips
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Place steak into a gallon sized freezer bag. Pound with meat mallet on flat side to tenderize. Remove from the bag and cut steak into 1/4 in strips that are 2 inches long.
In a small mixing bowl combine sugar and cornstarch, stir until no lumps remain
“Biceps After Babies Pepper Steak”
Macros for one serving (1/5 of recipe)_
Cal 338 P 25.1 g C 22.5 g F 16.8 g
PRO TIP: Serving size is 1/5 of the recipe. Since cook times vary and other factors can affect the weight of your food. You can weigh the cooked weight of the meal in grams and subtract the weight of the pan and divide that by 5 to see how many grams one serving is.