- 1 cup salsa verde (I use Trader Joes brand)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tesaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (fresh or frozen)*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Serve with taco shells or over a salad and top with desired taco toppings: sour cream, onion, cilantro, cheese, avocado/guacamole, salsa, tomato, etc.
In the instant pot combine salsa, honey, liquid smoke and seasonings. Stir to combine. Add chicken breast, turning to coat the chicken in the salsa mixture. Set the instant pot to high pressure for 13 minutes for fresh, thawed chicken breast, and for 20 minutes for frozen chicken breast. Let the pressure natural release for a more tender cooked chicken. You can keep it on warm until ready to serve.
Top with your favorite taco toppings (not included in macros) ie sour cream, onion, cilantro, cheese, avocado/guacamole, salsa, tomato, etc
“Biceps After Babies Smoky Honey Lime Chicken Tacos (Instant Pot)”
Macros for one serving (1/10 of recipe)
Cal 214 P 34.8 gC 5.5 gF 4.5 g
PRO TIP: Serving size is 1/10 of the recipe. Since cook times vary and other factors can affect the weight of your food. You can weigh the cooked weight of the meal in grams and subtract the weight of the pot and divide that by 8 to see how many grams one serving is.
*I use ice glazed (found in a big bag in the freezer section at the grocery store)
Serving Size:1/10 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 4.5gCarbohydrates: 5.5gProtein: 34.8g