I love a good tuna salad. This recipe for tuna salad is so adaptable. Serve the tuna on a bed of greens, on rice cakes, inside cucumber boats, in a tomato wedge, or as the filling for a grilled tuna and cheese sandwich. I'm sure you have other ideas too. When I'm in need of a high protein lunch/snack this is always an easy and tasty option!
I created this recipe as a one serving meal, but feel free to double, triple etc. 🙂
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained well
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 stalk of celery (30 g), finely diced
- 1 small slice sweet onion (8 g), finely diced
- 1 small pickle spear (26 g), finely diced
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (~1/4 teaspoon)
- Sprinkle of garlic power (~1/16-1/8 teaspoon)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Optional toppings or serving ideas (macros not included in MFP entry): Top with chives and fresh cracked pepper. Eat with boiled egg (diced into the salad or on the side), or fresh tomato slices.
In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix combine.
Serve on rice cakes, over a bed of greens, in a cucumber boat or tomato wedge, as the filling for a grilled tuna and cheese sandwich.
“Biceps After Babies Tuna Salad”
Macros for one serving (entire recipe)
Cal 148 C 4 g F 4.1 g P 22.3 g