Since intuitive eating has become a hot topic, many of you have been wondering how Amber feels about this movement. Today on the podcast, Amber opens up about her opinions of intuitive eating. She shares what she agrees with, as well as what she disagrees with, when it comes to eating intuitively.
5 Things from Intuitive Eating I agree with:
- You can’t tell someone’s health by looking at them
- IE is an amazing place to be in your journey
- Pay attention to and respect your body
- Don’t use food as a buffer (Emotional eating is a real problem for a lot of women).
- Food shouldn’t be about guilt
5 Things I disagree
- You should never intentionally lose weight
- Honoring your hunger in a way that detaches yourself from higher thinking
- There is one way to find food freedom
- The whole notion of “Diet Culture”
- The solution to feeling restriction is to remove the restriction