Amber is back with another hot topic: excuses. We all have them. The problem with excuses is they are keeping you stuck. Amber’s goal for this episode is to make you think about how your beliefs are impacting the results you are getting in your life. After listening to this episode, you will realize that you can change your life by changing the way you think. When you see everything as something that is changeable- it opens up a world of possibilities.
- Having hard conversations allows you to grow and analyze your beliefs.
- I want you to win- in life, in fitness, in everything.
- YOU are the only one who can change your thoughts/beliefs.
- Your mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open.
- Choose, or choose not too. There is no should.
Three common excuses:
- I can’t afford it (10:40) Instead ask: Does it bring value to you? Is it a priority? If so, then, ask: how can I afford this?
- I don’t have time. (26:10)We all have the same 24 hours in a day. Instead of saying “I don't have time” replace it with “it's not a priority”.
- I’m overwhelmed (31:10) Overwhelm is a choice. It comes from your thoughts about “the list”. Overwhelm keeps your from moving forward. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, just make a decision and start with action.
Don’t let life happen to you. Be proactive. Be intentional with your money, your time, and your thoughts. Live life with conscious intention.