Our brains are hardwired to keep us alive, #fact, but one way they do this is by subconsciously creating “All or nothing” mentalities for us to revert to. What does this mean?
Well, the All or Nothing Mentality is the mentality that keeps you from working out if you have less than 30 minutes and the mentality that tells you to eat all 20 doughnuts because “you’ve already messed up your diet today.” Join me as I help coach you thru how to overcome this mentality by making better choices to help you succeed on your fitness journey!
Highlights of the All of Northing Mentality Podcast Episode:
- Our brains default is to keep us safe and one way it does that is by telling us to stay comfortable. But that does not yield progress. (3:25)
- Feeling overwhelmed in your fitness journey? that is 100% self-imposed, thus you can change that mindset! (11:04)
- there is so much value in taking action – just getting started (27:01)
- Redefine what “all” means (29:03)
- How to use “Good, better, or best” in place of “all or nothing” (32:42)
- You need to take ownership for you process and your journey (33:17)
The first step to combating this all or nothing mentality is to identify it. Once you have identified it, then you can start to apply, “good, better, or best” and redefining your “all” so that you can re-write your mindset and start making progress.
Interested in starting macro counting?
Here’s my free starting guide: www. www.bicepsafterbabies.com/gettingstarted
Here’s where you can set your own macros: www.bicepsafterbabies.com/setmymacros